How Do I Write?
Posted by
Trevor Amos
on Sunday, June 28, 2009
This piece gave me a fair insight into my own writing process, granted when I do write on my own time. Usually it is late on a weekend or pending on the week week night. I would normally be having something to drink to gain what little bit of courage I have to push down on the keys of my computer and compose a cognitive thought. In the morning I look over what I had done the night before, and usually it looks as if I'm venting out of necessity or there is simply gibberish smeared all over my computer screen. I was able to relate to Sonja Huber when she spoke of taking pictures and forming ideas based on the pictures, I am the same way more or less. I use music to trigger sensations, feelings, and memories that I might have otherwise lost, in a way I suppose that this could be viewed as a form of stealing from an artist, but it's what I do. I've been working on a screenplay for about the past year. In no way would I consider myself to be a writer, more specifically a fiction writer. I like the idea of telling stories, I love that, I just don't care to make the mistake that other people would find my writing to be interesting, so at times I force myself to change parts of my stories to make them more enjoyable for the poor soul that had stumbled upon them. So in that light I suppose I could see myself as a writer of fiction, not a good one, but I only do this to not hurt the ones I write about, out of respect of those who do not know that they are being written about. If I can't name a character I become stuck, so in most instances I number characters in order to avoid my mental block. Then again this is exactly why I am in this class, to force myself to write, which sounds bad, but trust me, it's for the best.
0 comments:
Post a Comment